" You think you know, but you have no idea."

Thursday, August 07, 2008

What's everything to you?

Everyday, you'll come across different thoughts, different behaviours, different personalities, different potentials..etc... Never a day that you just go, BLANK. For me,that is. The slightest gesture or ideas that people have can really capture my interest, making me wonder how or why he/she behaves such way, or how does he/she know soo much about the world.

Intellectual. A word/trait which I inspire to have since the first time I got to know its meaning. Being away from home and having the opportunity to study overseas, I am able to experience being surrounded by intellectual individuals who seems to know EVERYTHING, and have opinions on matters which we average Joes (that includes me) care less to think about e.g global issues- global warming, food scarcities etc. I really envy those people who can quote famous economist about a theory or tell the whole class about the facts of a particular economic crisis. Sometimes I wonder, is that what it takes to be a future economist? You have to know everything about the world? Do I have what it takes? I know I love the course, and thank God I'm studying economics rather than studying human jaw and teeth... (initially I wanted to study dentistry..=P )...

*sigh*

Today, someone said " Know everything about something, and know something about everything." He said, he knows everything (so into) economics, but know something (not too much,just sufficient) about everything else around him (computers, politics etc..)

Then, it hits me, What do I know everything about? and Do I know something about everything else around me? Or am I just too ignorant? I think it's time to ponder....

1 comment:

Ansar Masuri said...

How to master economics? Banyak cara Amy, for me I tend to look up people who are experts in the field (Greenspan and Co), look at their backgrounds, their habits and their influences (books read, associations, friends, work experiences). Replicate that and you'd be halfway there, seriously.

Hope that helps.